Friday, August 5, 2011

Chocolate Crackles.

Because I love chocolate.


Because it's been a crazy week.


Because these are delicious and easy and it's the weekend and there's no reason not to make them.

Chocolate Crackles
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
Confectioner's sugar

In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.  In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, then add the egg and mix well.  Stir in the dry ingredients until a smooth dough forms, then freeze the dough for about 15 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  In a small bowl, dredge teaspoon-fuls of dough balls in confectioner's sugar and then place them on the baking sheet.  Bake just until the tops rise and crack, 5-8 minutes.  Let cool slightly, then gobble them up or let them cool completely and store airtight up to 3 days :)

18 comments:

  1. Those look so cute! Adorable cookies... Thanks for sharing! They sound super-yummy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love chocolate crackles! I have a similar recipe and I love them so much :D I had completely forgotten about them until now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth, Chocolate Crinkles are my kids favorite (they always make a mess in the kitchen rolling them in P sugar)..i loved going throu ur space....I am glad I found u throu FG. following u...blessings, Nisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...yummy! Those look so easy to bake! I love your pink mug BTY :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cookies. I am going to have to add this to my todo list. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Beth, Like others, my kids love choco cracklets. I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cant wait to make these! By the way, I'm a Buffalo gal, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds good, looks even better. Must try!

    Kisses from India,
    Myka.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! These totally take me back to my childhood. I love that you freeze the dough--we used to have to refrigerate it overnight. This way gives you instant satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love watching these guys baking, so cool. And I once again love the tiny versions you made. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your portion sizes...that way a girl can have her cake and eat it too! :-) Great blog and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hiya what on earth is kosher salt? and is it ok to use salted butter but no salt

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always thought that these were the prettiest cookies but have never made them. They sound simple enough! Will have to give them a go sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these! They look wonderful :D
    Can't wait to try them! I love your pictures...and your blog! :D

    Kara :)

    http://lovehomebird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, is the amount of butter, 2 tablespoons, correct? Thanks@

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is correct! This makes a smallish amount of cookie dough.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yummy yummy!!!!! they look sooooooooo good!!!! I like your blog and will follow it!

    :D Martina
    Maybe you want to come visit me: www.homesweetbakery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stumbled upon your blog. The cookies look delicious and cute. Also in love with your pink mug!
    www.thehaguefoodie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete